On november 21st, the lovely Agata from Her and Makeup nominated me for the „Liebster Award“ (which autocorrection keeps changing to „Lobster Award“).
I was delighted, put it on my to-post list and never really got around to doing it.
The one thing that made me put it off is the following rule: „Nominate 11 other blogs with less than 200 followers.“
I am afraid I will not be able to do so, as the majority of blogs I read has way more followers or already did the Liebster Award.
While still contemplating what to do, I was nominated yet again, this time by Dixi from Shedreamsfashion.
To prevent an accumulation of nominations (wow, that sounds vain), I decided to
1. Upload the picture
2. Link to the nominating blogs (as done above)
3. Answer the questions
4. List the less well-known blogs I enjoy reading, staying well below 11.
Her and Makeup is a wonderful beauty blog, and Agata is a friendly and warm person, a pleasure to chat with in the comments and very talented when it comes to applying makeup. Make sure to check her out!
1. What’s your all time favorite makeup/beauty product that you couldn’t live without?
Nuxe Rêve de Miel lip balm. No other lip balm is as effective in keeping my lips from drying out.
2. If you could wear only one color for the rest of your life (makeup, clothes etc) what would it be and why?
Black. I usually wear black liner and black mascara, and black clothes go with everything. If you now tell me, black isn’t a color, I would probably choose oxblood, so I´d have my lipstick sorted.
3. What or who inspires you to blog?
Numerous blogger and blogs I have been reading throughout the last four years. From the very beginning I wanted to be a part of this community, sharing my obsession, as there are only a few as deeply into makeup as I am in my circle of friends.
If I had to name three people, it would be Karen from Makeup and Beauty Blog, because she makes me laugh almost every day, Anna from Vivianna Does Makeup and Ruth from A model recommends, who’s writing is to the point and always a pleasure to read, no matter the topic.
4. How did you celebrate your last birthday?
It was ten days before the Little Bean was born, and I was looking like I was about to explode, but still had to give a talk about antimycotics in Intensive Care the day after my actual birthday, so I spent it sitting on my couch, laptop on my knees, hoping my daughter wouldn’t want to make an appearance on stage.
5. Do you like your friends simple or complex?
Complex. I am all about long late night talks and drama.
6. Tell us about a unique or quirky habit of yours.
I had to turn to Mr. Loca, as I couldn’t think of any. Luckily he had plenty to offer.
The one I decided to share is me drinking tea or hot chocolate. I simply can’t hold a hot drink without hugging the mug with both hands, as if I am about t freeze. Even in the height of summer, when I drink tea for breakfast.
7. What do you find the most challenging about blogging?
To be satisfied with my posts. Up until the second they are uploaded, I am constantly rereading them, feeling insecure about topic, pictures and my writing.
8. If they made a movie about your life, what would it be about and which actor would you want to play you?
Actor: Cate Blanchett. I love her looks, her attitude and she is Galadriel, need I say more?
I hope the movie would be about traveling and finding joy in the journey.
9. Do you blog full time or do you have another job? If so, what do you do?
I don´t blog full-time. I am an intensive care physician (I think senior physician is the correct term). At the moment I spend a lot of time at home with my baby girl, a great opportunity called „Elternzeit“ in Germany allows you to stay at home up to 12 months after you had a baby, still earning some money. I will be back to work full-time early next year, and I am looking forward to it.
10. When was the last time you turned your phone off? Not just on silent.
It turned itself off yesterday, does that count? Apart from that, a long time ago. I can’t even remember.
11. What major company would you like to work for and why?
That is tough one, I honestly can’t think of one. Maybe „Ärzte ohne Grenzen“, but that is no company, and I wouldn’t want to do it right now, because I couldn’t bear leaving the Little Bean for two months.
Shedreamsfahion is a fashion blog (you wouldn’t have guessed…), written by Dixi.
To be completely honest, this isn’t a blog I follow, because Dixi is about half my age and I am not that much into fashion blogs in general, but she puts in great effort, sharing her take on fashion and giving an overview about upcoming trends. So if you are a fashionista, make sure to check her out and show her some love.
1. Who is your favorite fashion designer
2. If you had to live with one movie for your entire life, what would it be?
I am not sure if I get this question completely right:
One movie to watch? „The last unicorn“ I am looking forward to watching it with the Little Bean pretty much ever since I discovered I was pregnant.
One movie to live in? „The Hobbit“. You´d get the pretty landscape and the hobbit food without the war raging in „Lord of the Rings“.
3. Why did you start your fashion blog?
Well, I don’t blog about fashion, so I think this relates to blogging in general.
I really wanted to get in touch with other people as crazy about makeup and beauty as I am, and wanted to share my thoughts and my Face of the Day with someone who cares. I have one friend as deeply into makeup as I am, but that just wasn’t enough.
4. Who are your favorite fashion bloggers?
The Chriselle Factor
Song of Style
Addicted to Fashion (german)
L´Amour de Juliette
5. Hot Chocolate or Coffee?
Hot Chocolate. I don’t drink coffee.
6. What is your favorite book?
„To kill a mockingbird“ by Harper Lee. I must have been ten years when first read it, and I have re-read it numerous times.
7. What is your ultimate goal in life?
Sounds cheesy, but: to be happy. Love the life I live.
8. Is there any particular saying you preach?
No, not really. Maybe „Practice what you preach.“
9. Which country would you love to visit?
I have wanted to go there ever since I read „The God of Small Things“, but so far I only managed a two hours stopover at the airport on my way to Nepal.
10. Do you have any pets?
Not at the moment. I used to have a cat, but didn’t get another one after she died. I work a lot, so any pet would be home alone too much.
11. If you could hang out with any celebrity, who would it be and why?
I don’t know. Angelina Jolie, to get some tips on how to manage work, charity and kids? Although I am pretty sure it comes down to an armada of nannies.
1. How long did it take you to muster the courage to start to blog?
2. How many times did you actually do or thought about changing your blogname?
3. When is your preferred time to blog?
4. Do you listen to music while working or do you prefer silence?
5. What´s your favorite snack?
6. How much time a day do you spend on social media?
7. Does everyone in your family know you are blogging?
8. What do you think makes your blog special?
9. Which season do you prefer and why?
10. Do you like being outdoors?
11. What is the household chore you despise the most?
Blogs I love with less than 200 followers:
Heart and Seoul
L´amour de Juliette
Have a wonderful day and enjoy the read!