If you are not familiar with the „Inspired by…“ series, click here for an explanation.
But short story even shorter, each month I choose a seasonal ad and try to recreate the models look with colors I already own.
Dressing up and awkward posing included!
Now this is, of course, no seasonal ad. But I had to prefilm due to the baby arriving, and the lovely Kay from „Shoes and Glitter“ had requested a tutorial on this look, so I figured it would be the perfect choice.
Read on for a picture and the list of products I used.
And yes, I am well aware that I am wearing a nursing top. This is the closest I get to delicate strap dresses these days…
Products used as base
- Bobby Brown Corrector in „Light Bisque“
- Catrice All Matt plus Foundation in „Light Beige“
- Collection Lasting Perfection Concealer in 1 „Fair“ (Review)
- Clinique Loose Powder in „Translucent“
- Catrice Prime and Fine Professional Contouring Palette in 010 „Ashy Radiance“
Products used on eyes and lips
- MAC Paint Pot in „Painterly“
- MAC e/s „bamboo“ (matte)
- MAC e/s „crosscultural“ (matte)
- L´Oréal Super Liner in „Extra Black Gloss“ (Review here)
- Lancôme Grandiôse mascara in „Black“ (Review)
- MAC lip pencil in „Naked liner“
- Revlon Super Lustrous lipstick in „Really Red“ (matte)
All in all a very 50s inspired look with matte red lips and velvet skin, something I really enjoy. And not that hard to recreate, so why not give it a go yourself, Kay? I bet it would look lovely on you!