This blog post contains *PR-samples and affiliate links. Please read disclaimer.
There is a fable in Germany which, long story short, adresses the urge to know everything. A problem that I can relate to.
I encourage curiosity, but (fellow moms will agree), sometimes there are too many questions and we need to let go. Let go for times sake and for our own sanity.
„It is what it is“, said love.
This is the last sentence of the fable, and the one I focus on when there simply is no other answer.
Like: What is the pixi Rose Caviar Essence * in term of skincare category? Is it an essence, as the name would suggest? Or a serum, as stated in the claims? Or a facial oil, given that rich natural oils are a main component?
I, dear reader, can´t tell you which category the pixi Rose Caviar Essence * belongs to. But I can tell you many other things about it, if you are curious.
What pixi claims
Encapsulated flower oils suspended in this weightless serum-essence melt onto the skin delivering fresh botanicals to hydrate and restore skin’s brightness for optimum radiance. Formulated with antioxidant rich natural oils, this formula will soften, refine and tone. For all skin types.
Prize and size
Texture and smell
Lightweight, almost gel like and with a subtle scent of roses. Oh, and beautiful to look at with the little specks of red running through the formula.
Application and effects
Despite the many oils, this one sinks in immediately, leaving no stickiness behind and offers hydration that, on my skin, lasts all day.
- Glycerin: Humectant, draws moisture to the skin
- Macadamia ternifolia seed oil: lightweight, moisturizing, high in linoleic acid
- Citrus aurantium bergamia peel oil (Bergamot essential oil): Uplifting
- Cananga Odorata Flower (Ylang Ylang) Oil: Balances sebum production, antiseptic
- Cymbopogon Martini Oil: Balancing sebum production
- Pelargonium Graveolens Flower Oil: Balancing sebum production, mimicks rose scent while being cheaper
- Tocopheryl Acetate: More stable form of Vitamin E, antioxidant
- Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Oil: Rich in Vitamin E and linoleic acid, anti-inflammatory
- Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Oil: Improves elasticity moisturizing, regulates sebum production
- Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Seed Oil: Moisturizing, anti-inflammatory, rich in antioxidant and linoleic acid
- Olea Europaea (Olive) Fruit Oil: Moisturizing, soothing, rich in antioxidants
- Rosa Damascena Flower Oil: Skin toning, improves texture
- Soybean (Glycine Soja) Oil: Rich in Vitamin E, B complex and linoleic acid
- Morus Alba (Mulberry) Bark Extract: Brightening
- Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Extract: Antiinflammatory, soothing
- Caulpera Lentillifera Extract: “Green Caviar”, anti-inflammatory, rich in antioxidants, hydrating, rich in amino acids
- Bixa Orenella Seed Oil: potentially anti-inflammatory, colorant!
- Tocopherol: Vitamin E, antioxidant
- Adenosine: Part of cell communication, reduces fine lines
- Illicium Verum (Anise) Fruit extract: Might be antifungal
- Caprylyl Glycol: Emollient
- Butylene Glycol: Humectant, helps skin lock in moisture
- 1,2-Hexanediol: Humectant
- Carbomer: Thickener
- Hydrogenated Soybean Oil: Processed oil with more trans fats, used for viscosity control
- Tromethamine: Fragrance
- Chlorphenesin: Preservative
- Iron Oxide (CI 77491): Colorant
Don´t let the oils in here scare you, should your skin be more on the oily side. Some sebum like oils can actually help reducing your oiliness in the long run, and there is an abundance of them in this formula. These paired with antioxidants and brightening ingredients will make me reach for it a lot come summer!
Does it live up to its claims?
The claims are down to earth, which always helps, the formula delivers and I can really see it work for all skin types, depending on how you combine it.
Would I repurchase?
It is an amazing, lightweight mixture of humectants and emollients, enough to keep my combination oily skin plump and supple and I bet I will get a lot of use out of it come summer.
Who do I recommend it to?
People with combination oily skin that look for lightweight hydration that helps regulate the skins own sebum production. People on the drier side will find that one to work beautiful under a moisturizer and more mature skins will benefit from the added antioxidants and linoleic acid.
See? A winner all round!