In case you missed the Spring Edition, here is the link to the post explaining what the Seasonal Makeup Challenge is all about.
For the rest of us, the rules as a quick reminder:
„At the beginning of a season (Winter, Spring, Summer, Fall) I will choose some pieces of makeup from my stash and post them here. By the end of that season I shall post how well (or not) I’ve done using them up, and propose new pieces for the following season.“ (The Polished Polyglot)
So without further ado, here is the recap of the Spring challenge and my picks for summer.
And because it would have been a two page post if I had written down my thoughts, here is a video of me talking you through what worked and what didn’t from the items I picked for spring.
Summer Challenge 2016 – my picks
Bronze eyes and coral lips – to be honest that is what I reach for most of the time. So I tried to find the shades in my collection that I usually neglect. Which are quite a few, because the amount of corals, reds and bronze I own is ridiculous.
- L´Oréal Color Infallible in 021 “Sahara treasure”: Great for a wash of gold when in a hurry
- MAC eyeshadow quad containing “Manila Paper” (Veluxe Pearl), “Flip” (Frost), “Aztec Brick”(Veluxe Pearl) and “Creole Beauty” (Frost): I use this quad very often, but want to put the focus on Aztec Brick and Creole Beauty this time
- MAC Paint Pot in “Rubenesque”: I used to love it, but haven’t reached for it in ages. It is already starting to dry out!
- MAC blush in “Ripe Peach”: So pretty to look at, but doesn’t get enough love
- MAC blush in “Fleet Fast”: It is a red, but a coral red. Reminds me of NARS Orgasm, but less shimmery and more pigmented
- MAC Mineralize Blush in “Warmth of Coral”: Coral for summer, that needs no further explanation
- MAC “Bronzilla” (Frost): I used to love it, but rarely wear it anymore. It is getting way too old, so it needs to be loved or to go.
- Astor All in One lipstick in “Fashion Chic” (*PR Sample*): A bronze red and a recent acquisition
- Lipstick Queen in “Saint Coral”: Beautiful, but ever since my daughter almost destroyed it , I rarely reach for it. I need a lip brush for application now.
- Clinique Chubby Stick (sheer) in 12 “Oversized Orange”:A Christmas gift, unused so far. And orange, obviously.
- Clinique Chubby Stick Intense in “Heftiest Hibiscus”: A Christmas present, still unused. An orange based red.
- MAC Cremesheen Glass in “Star Quality”: A vibrant pink, and less than half of it left.
- L´Oréal Glam Matte in 511 “Skinny Tangerine”: Orange red and supposedly matte. I honestly can´t remember the last time I wore it.
- Revlon Colorburst in “Sizzle”: More orange than red, but very pretty in the tube.
Do you switch your makeup according to the season?
And what do you think of my picks?