As regular readers of my blog may know, I am in New Zealand at the moment with Mr. Loca and the Little Bean, enjoying adventure and summer time.
To provide you with content, I had to write and schedule my posts in advance, and that made it difficult to come up with a „Favorite Face of…“ post.
|My travel makeup bag|
So instead I decided to show you what is in my travel makeup bag today and what skincare I took with me next month. After all, they have to be favorites if I carry them around the world with me!
My current travel makeup bag is a gift with purchase, actually a gift with baby stuff purchase („Bübchen“ is well known for its protective cream) and lacks compartments for organizing your stuff. But to be honest, I end up throwing everything in in a hurry anyway, so compartments would be wasted on me.
– MAC Concealer Palette in „Light“ (review coming soon): Contains a corrector and different concealer shades, adapting to my gradual tan throughout the stay.
– Laura Mercier Tinted Moisturizer in „Nude“ (review here): Enough coverage, nice finish, packaging great to travel with.
– Maybelline Mattifyer Face Powder in Light Beige (review coming soon): I prefer a matte finish and powdering my face improves the longevity of my base.
– Maybelline Fit Me Concealer in 15: highlighting the center of my face
|Clockwise, starting upper left corner: MAC Concealer Palette, Maybelline Fit Me Concealer, Artdeco Mascara, Laura Mercier Tinted Moisturizer, Alverde Eyebrow Kit, Maybelline Matte Maker|
– MAC Paint Pot „Painterly“: my go-to neutral eyeshadow base
– Artdeco Ultra Effect mascara (review on the blog): perfect size for traveling
– Customized eyeshadow quad containing (from upper left, going clockwise): Nanogold (Lustre), Club (Satin), Puff Pink (?), Cross-cultural (Matte)
– KIKO Long Lasting eyeshadow in 219: a rose-gold
– L´Oréal Super Liner in Extra Black Gloss (review coming someday): my go-to liquid liner
– MAC Pearlglide Intense Eyeliner in Undercurrent and Petrol Blue
– Alverde eyebrow kit in „Blonde“: brow powder, wax, matte brow bone highlight – all in one solution (on the base picture – don’t ask why, I don’t have an answer)
|Clockwise, starting upper left: Eyeshadow Quad, L´Oréal Liner, MAC Undercurent, MAC Petrol Blue, KIKO eyeshadow, MAC Paintpot|
– Max Factor Miracle Touch Creamy Blush in „Soft Cardinal“ (review here): blush, eyeshadow, lip tint – all in one again
– The Body Shop Honey Bronzer in 02
– MAC powder blush in „Instant Chic“: a pinky coral that works with almost everything
|Left to right: TBS Bronzer, Max Factor Cream Blush, MAC Powder Blush|
– MAC Cremesheen Glass in „Star Quality“: a bright coral pink
– MAC Pro Longwear Lipglass in „Persistent Peach“: a light peach
– Studio 10 Longlast Velvet Liquid Lips in „02 Tearose“: my lips but better
– Astor Lip Pencil in „Va-Va-Voum“: you need a red lip wherever you go
– L´Oréal Glam Matte Intense Matte Gloss in „Skinny Tangerine“: because you also need an orange red (lip swatch here)
– Clarins Instant Light Lip Perfector in 02: will go on the plane with me, as it is very moisturizing
– L´Oréal Paris Color Riche L´Extraordinaire in „Rose Finale“: great color, very moisturizing (lip swatch here)
|Left to right as mentioned in the text|
Limited options, some of you may think, but it is meant to be a road trip, so packing my entire collection would be a tad too much.
Too much for a vacation? Keep in mind we are on the road for seven weeks. A girl needs some options!
What product would you take with you on a road trip in a camper van?
Also, make sure you follow me on Instagram so you don’t miss any New Zealand pictures!